Nurses Week Celebration at the University of LuzonPosted on 6th of Nov 2023 by UL Administrator
The College of Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Luzon (UL) is celebrating Nurses Week from November 6 to 11, 2023, with a variety of academic and cultural activities.
- Poster Slogan Making Contest: Students will create posters and slogans that promote nursing and its importance to society.
- Logo Making Contest: Students will design a logo for Nurses Week at UL.
- Nursing Quiz Bee: Students will compete in a quiz bee to test their knowledge of nursing.
- Educa-Talk: This nursing advocacy event will feature free blood pressure monitoring and blood sugar testing for all Luzonians. There will also be a talk on nursing advocacy.
- Nursing Film Showing: A film related to nursing will be shown to students and faculty.
- Nursing Interpretative Dancing Competition: Students will perform interpretive dances that showcase the different aspects of nursing.
- Nursing Week Socialization: This event will provide a space for nursing students and faculty to socialize and network.
- Nursing Singing Competition: Students will compete in a singing competition.
- Nursing Dancing Competition: Students will compete in a dancing competition.
- Bench Cheering: Nursing students from different batches will compete in a bench cheering competition.
- Nursing Sports Competition: Nursing students will compete in a variety of sports.
- Mr. & Ms. Nursing 2023: This pageant will celebrate the beauty and intelligence of nursing students.
All students in the College of Nursing and Midwifery are encouraged to participate in the Nurses Week activities. These activities provide an opportunity for students to learn more about nursing, to showcase their talents and skills, and to celebrate the nursing profession.
Why Nurses Week Matters
Nurses play a vital role in our healthcare system. They provide care to patients of all ages and backgrounds, from the newborn to the elderly. They are also at the forefront of public health initiatives, working to prevent the spread of disease and promote healthy lifestyles.
Nurses Week is a time to celebrate the contributions of nurses and to raise awareness of the nursing profession. It is also a time to thank nurses for their hard work and dedication.
How Students Can Get Involved
There are many ways for students to get involved in the Nurses Week celebration at UL. Students can participate in the academic and cultural activities, or they can volunteer to help organize and run the events.
Students can also use Nurses Week as an opportunity to learn more about the nursing profession and to explore their own interest in nursing. They can attend the Educa-Talk, watch the nursing film, and talk to nursing students and faculty about their experiences.
Nurses Week is a special time to celebrate the nursing profession and to thank nurses for their hard work and dedication. The College of Nursing and Midwifery at UL is proud to celebrate Nurses Week with a variety of academic and cultural activities. All students are encouraged to participate in these activities and to learn more about the nursing profession.